The objective of this session is to understand the typical architecture of an IoT network and set up a complete IoT chain, from the feedback of information emitted by LPWAN connected sensors to DataVisualization via Cloud collection /BigData and software exploitation. Practical work is carried out in Python, on Pycom and/or Raspberry Pi type equipment.
Introduction to the Internet of Things.
Presentation of the concepts associated with the IoT.
– Basic IoT concepts. Links with M2M. IoT architectures.
– Communication and energy issues
– Offers and players.
– The new dedicated IoT networks.
IoT-specific hardware and software architectures.
– General architecture diagram, from sensors to servers.
– Operating systems adapted to the IoT (Linux, Raspbian, Win10 IoT…).
– Links with the different Clouds (MS Azure IoT…).
– Security and confidentiality of data, respect for privacy.
– The different types of networks available: private networks, operator networks.
Networks and proximity detections.
IoT-specific means of communication.
– Panorama of available technologies: wifi, Bluetooth, NFC, RFID…
– Exchanges with Bluetooth (BLE) and Wifi Direct.
– Operation of RFID and NFC systems (tag and reader).
– The possibilities offered by Smartphones.
TP: bluetooth client-server, NFC detection
The LPWAN network.
Specificities of dedicated IoT networks.
– The specificities of IoT networks (distance, positioning of equipment, autonomy).
– Characteristics of LPWAN networks. Study by SigFox and LoRaWan. What programming?
– Private or public networks. The operators.
– Securing an IoT network.
LoRa and LoRaWAN.
Presentation of the LoRa/LoRaWAN standard.
– LoRa radio modulation and the LoRaWAN specification. The general architecture of a LoRaWAN network.
– The A-B-C classes of equipment (“mote”) and the ABP and OTAA mechanisms for registering on the network.
– The functions of concentrators (“gateways”) and network and application servers.
– Securing a LoRaWAN network.
Practical work: use of an ABP or OTA mote, configuration of a concentrator, configuration of a server (keys).
Solutions for prototyping a connected object.
– Presentation of Arduino and Raspberry solutions.
– Arduino Hardware possibilities (sensors, shield, GPIO) and embedded programming.
– The environments available on Raspberry and the link with Arduino.
– Choosing an operating system and development tools.
– Python-based micro-controllers and their interest.
Practical work: realization of an ABP or OTAA mote on Lopy in Python, use of sensors on UART, SPI or I2C bus, configuration of a concentrator based on Pycom Lopy in Python.
Solutions to exploit data from IoT sensors.
– IoT-adapted message brokers (MQTT).
– REST type APIs and development tools.
– Data injection solutions in a NoSQL BigData database.
– The different Clouds (Google Cloud Platform, ThingPlus…).
– The software means to secure an IoT solution.
– Data Visualization techniques.
Practical work: adding LoRaWAN messages in an MQTT broker (local or cloud), extraction and visualization with Apache
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
+216 96 803 221
Upgradetek Engineering is a strategy and management consulting firm, specialized in the transformation of financial institutions. As one of the leaders of this sector in Tunisia, we have been supporting our banking and financial clients for more than 14 years in the evolution of their business model, in defining and implementing new target business models and improving their performance.
23, Avenue of Naplouse 1001 Tunis, Tunisia
+216 71 33 93 95