This course introduces you to the fundamentals of developing applications for devices running the Android operating system. It covers the development cycle from design to deployment of the application. The labs are run with Android Studio.
Introduction to the Android platform
Presentation of the operating system and its possibilities.
– Positioning of Android
– Android versions and API versions
– Possibilities offered by the API
Life cycle of an application
Development cycle of an Android application. Android Studio.
– Getting started with the Android Studio development environment
– Structure of an Android project
– Test and debug with the emulator and a real device
– Signature and deployment of an Android application
Basics of Android development
Basic concepts and classes.
– Notions of Activity, Fragment, Intent
– The application manifesto
– The management of the application by the system (processes, threads, …)
Basic graphic elements, positioning of elements on a screen.
– ViewGroup and view, the Layouts
– Basic graphical components
– Event management
– Create views in XML or by code
– ActionBar and menus
File system access. Access to a database.
– The different types of storage (internal, external, sd, …)
– Read and/or write access to the file system
– Preference management
– Using SQLite
Communications with external systems
Use of network sockets, consumption of web services, HTTP communication.
– HTTP communications
– Socket communications
– Access to REST resources and exploitation of JSON data
Audio and video playback.
– Use the multimedia player in its applications
– Show graphics
– Play animations
The complex mechanisms of the platform.
– Master threads
– Intent-based communication
– The concept of service
– Use Google APIs (Maps, …)
– The Material Design graphic charter
– The notifications
– Changes in storage, network and multimedia
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
+216 96 803 221
Upgradetek Engineering is a strategy and management consulting firm, specialized in the transformation of financial institutions. As one of the leaders of this sector in Tunisia, we have been supporting our banking and financial clients for more than 14 years in the evolution of their business model, in defining and implementing new target business models and improving their performance.
23, Avenue of Naplouse 1001 Tunis, Tunisia
+216 71 33 93 95