Day intended for experienced computer scientists wishing to understand the IoT network mechanisms offered by LoRaWAN. Practical work is carried out on Arduino, in conjunction with specialized LoRaWAN equipment. Templates will be provided so that you can focus on the essentials of the concepts.
The LoRaWAN Specification
Presentation of the concepts defined by the LoRaWAN specification.
– Presentation of the LoRa-Alliance.
– Communication methods and classes A-B-C of equipment.
– “motes”, concentrators and LoRaWAN servers.
– Quality of service and security.
– LoRa and LoRaWAN.
– The nature and content of the messages, scope and size, speed, frequencies, …
The conductor in the LoRaWAN model.
– Roles devolved to LoRaWAN servers.
– Public/private servers and data recovery methods.
– The activation of equipment with a server, in ABP or OTAA.
– Overview of available servers: Semtech, Things Network, …
Practical work: observation of the correct routing of data from a sensor to a server.
The intermediary between the transmitter (mote) and the LoRaWAN server.
– The underlying communication model, comparison with other models (GSM, etc.).
– The role of the packet forwarder and the network communication methods.
– Equipment and associated software solutions available.
Practical work: configuration of a concentrator prototype, observation of the operation of a specialized concentrator.
Presentation of the LoRaWAN message transmitter/receiver sensor.
– Sending and receiving messages.
– Equipment and associated software solutions available (IBM LMIC).
Practical work: implementation of a Mote prototype on Arduino with a LoRaWAN radio module of the SX1276 type, use of an ABP or OTAA mote.
Synthesis of architecture models offered by LoRaWAN.
– The choice between public or private operator.
– Liaison with IS components: Broker MQTT, Bigdata, containers …
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
+216 96 803 221
Upgradetek Engineering is a strategy and management consulting firm, specialized in the transformation of financial institutions. As one of the leaders of this sector in Tunisia, we have been supporting our banking and financial clients for more than 14 years in the evolution of their business model, in defining and implementing new target business models and improving their performance.
23, Avenue of Naplouse 1001 Tunis, Tunisia
+216 71 33 93 95