This course is a first approach to the Java language. After presentation of the Object concepts and the syntax of the language, the trainee learns to develop interactive applications in Java. Practical exercises illustrate and implement the concepts covered.
Basic Java language syntax
Presentation of the basic syntactic elements of the language: the structure in blocks, the declaration of variables, the declaration of a method, …
– Declaration and initialization of a variable
– Manipulation of variables, arithmetic operations
– Signature and declaration of a method
– The block structure
Execution flow control
Learning loops (for, foreach, while, do while) and conditions (if, switch, ternary operator, assertions).
– Iterate with for / while loops
– Tests based on if / else if / else
– Boolean expressions in Java
Classes and Interfaces
Declaration of classes and interfaces in Java, member visibility control, abstract classes, …
– Declaration of a class / interface in Java
– Control the visibility of a class and its members
– Inheritance, polymorphism
Presentation of the error management system by exception. Overview of common exceptions. Difference in Errors, Exceptions and RuntimeException.
– Exceptions and errors, handled / unhandled exceptions
– Handle or propagate an exception
– The try / catch / finally blocks
Inputs / Outputs in Java
Learning the basic classes of the java.io package to read, write (text, objects, …) in streams (files, network streams, …).
– The java.io package
– Access to the file system
– Reader/Writer classes
– Buffered Read / Write
Learning of enumerations, types that appeared with version 5 of Java.
– Declaration of an enumeration
– Manipulation of the members of an enumeration
– Declaration of members in an enumeration type
Collections and credits
Presentation of data structures called “Collection” in Java (lists, stacks, queues, …). Presentation of genericity in Java.
– The equals and hashcode methods
– Collection, List, Set and Map
– Implementations, their different uses
– Genericity in Java
Presentation of annotations, new type of data appeared in Java 5. Use of standard annotations, creation and use of an annotation.
– Presentation and usefulness of annotations
– Presentation of common Java language annotations
– Create and use own annotations
The packaging of a Java application
Description of the jar archive format and associated metadata.
– The jar format
– Metadata of a jar archive
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
+216 96 803 221
Upgradetek Engineering is a strategy and management consulting firm, specialized in the transformation of financial institutions. As one of the leaders of this sector in Tunisia, we have been supporting our banking and financial clients for more than 14 years in the evolution of their business model, in defining and implementing new target business models and improving their performance.
23, Avenue of Naplouse 1001 Tunis, Tunisia
+216 71 33 93 95